Learning 2B Sustainable offers support and guidance for everyone wanting to help schools to become more sustainable. The aim is to build the confidence of staff and explore ways for every school to make a difference now and for the future. Sustainable schools are not difficult to start, can save rather than cost money and offer interesting and valuable additions to school life.
Learning 2B Sustainable is owned and run by Chris Southwood who has:
• A lifelong passion for sustainable schools and environmental education
• Extensive experience of developing sustainable schools at national and local level including DCSF Sustainable Schools Framework
• A background with 16 years teaching experience and 11 years as education specialist with a national environmental charity and 7 years as a primary school governor
• MSc in Environmental and Developmental Education
• Given evidence to the Environmental Audit Committee enquiry into Education for Sustainable Development and been a member of DCSF Sustainable Schools Stakeholder Group
Learning 2B Sustainable believes
• Are great places to learn respect and care
• Reduce carbon emissions and food waste and make financial savings
• Often show improvements in teaching and learning
• Have close links with their local communities
• Can achieve awards recognising their progress
• Help students become environmentally aware citizens and employees
• Enjoy learning together and have fun!